Friday 2 January 2015

Bearberry, Alberta

August 15, 2014 I was on my way up to Drayton Valley, Alberta. I was just about to leave Sundre, Alberta when I saw the sign for the road to Bearberry. I have driven past the road to Bearberry many times but this one time I decided “What the hell . . . “ and made a side trip to Bearberry. It was only twenty minutes out of my way. When I got there I wasn’t sure if I should be disappointed or amused. There is a pub and a community hall/art gallery there and that is about it. I took a look inside the bar. It was a bit on the rustic side and advertised live entertainment. I was kind of curious how good the acts were and what kind of crowd they could draw as you were kind of in the middle of nowhere with hardly any civilization. I really expected to find a general store. I made a mental note to return sometime with some friends to check out the nightlife. It could be fun.





No comments:

Post a Comment