Wednesday 8 July 2015

Broken Bridge June 20, 2015

This was a challenge and I am not pleased with the results. You can see this from the bridge crossing the Old Man River southbound on Highway 2 looking west before you come to the junction of Highway 2 and Highway 3 in Alberta. The bridge collapsed due to the floods in 2013. It never got repaired because the rail line does not exist anymore. I tried parking by the bridge and walking along the riverbank. There is fenced off property on both sides of the river. You cannot walk along the old railway to the bridge as it was torn up years ago and whereever it was has been fenced off. This is about as good as I could get. Next time I am in the area I will try again to see if there is any way I can get a closer and better shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment