Saturday 25 July 2015

In search of . . . the Saskatchewan border

July 18, 2015 I was just barely north of Empress, Alberta which is right up against the border with Saskatchewan. The sign said I was 2km from the border so I took Highway 562 in search of a sign saying I was in Saskatchewan. I have never been to Saskatchewn and have no idea if I am missing anything. After driving for what seemed too long on a gravel road I checked Google Maps on my cell phone and discovered I was a few miles in Saskatchewan and no sight of a sign.



Not wanting to give up, I headed back and south on Highway 41 until I came to Highway 545 and headed west on a paved road towards Burstall, Saskatchewan. I found the border and my sign. I will take my victories where I can.



1 comment:

  1. Saskatchewan, an under appreciated province for sure.

    I think when I'm finally able to retire, in maybe ten years, I'll set up a truck/trailer rig, and slow roll through western Canada. Oh, yes!

    ReplyDelete