Friday 10 July 2015

Kootenay Lake Ferry July 2, 2015

The ferry operates between Balfour, on the west side of the lake, and Kootenay Bay, on the east side and is the longest free ferry in the world. Two ferries are used, the MV Osprey 2000 and the MV Balfour. I was on the Balfour.

My route from July 1 to July 5, 2015 took me from Airdrie, AB to overnight in Fernie, BC. July 2 from Fernie through Creston to Crawford Bay to Balfour, to overnight in Ainsworth. The next day was to Kaslo to New Denver to Nakusp to Galena Bay across the ferry to Shelter Bay to just east of Revelstoke, BC. The next day was to Golden then overnight in Rocky Mountain House, BC. July 5 I made it home to Airdrie, AB. This sign is at the departure point at Crawford Bay for the ferry. 



Waiting for the ferry. I am in the back. The bikers in front were from Utah.


The M.V. Balfour off in the distance.




The M.V. Balfour at the dock.






The M.V. Osprey 2000 heading into the opposite direction.





Coming into Balfour, BC.


I love BC.


1 comment:

  1. We're getting to love it, too! Thank you for sharing your vacation with us!
    It must have been wonderful!

    ReplyDelete