Monday 20 July 2015

Liberty School

I seem to be finding a lot of school related stuff lately and I really have not been looking for it. I was actually trying to find what remained of Majorville, Alberta while exploring the countryside on June 20, 2015.  There was a post office in the area years ago and whatever community had existed was originally been named Liberty, which explains the name of the school I ran across. The town name was later changed to Majorville to avoid confusion with a town named Liberty in Saskatchewan.

Liberty School near Majorville, Alberta June 20, 2015
According to the marker it was operational from 1910 to 1939. 


The door was locked but I managed to get a look inside. The place is falling apart and I doubt it will be restored or used again. It is a little far off the beaten path. 




No comments:

Post a Comment