Saturday, 24 June 2017

Prairie Circle Cemetery June 17, 2017

Northwest of Hemaruka, Alberta (which is very population challenged) in a quiet rural spot. I do not know if anyone looks after this place. There appears to be twenty-eight burials from 1917 to 1940. Some of the burials note that people were living in Zetland and Fenner, Alberta in addition to Hemaruka. I had never heard of Zetland or Fenner. I was able to find them on a map and nothing exists of them anymore. Both places were in the vicinity of Hemaruka.



There is a bench hidden back there in the growth. I took a short walk around the perimeter. It was hard to see anything in the grass and I did not want to step somewhere and damage something.  

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a nice spot, BW. Thanks for the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice, peaceful looking spot. Too bad the bench is not accessable. That would be a good place just to sit, rest and reflect.

    ReplyDelete