Tuesday 29 August 2017

On the road again . . .

I had grand road trip plans. Finished work on Friday August 26, 2017 and hit the road with a vague outline of where I was going.

South from Calgary on Highway 2 where I stopped for a quick bite in Nanton, Alberta. I will be avoiding that particular establishment again. All I will say is that the meal was adequate.


From Nanton west on Highway 533 to Highway 22 then south to where it met Highway 3. West on Highway 3, otherwise known as the Crowsnest Highway, to Pincher Creek, Alberta where I decided to call it a night. The motel decided to give me the handicapped room. Come to think of it, on my prior road trip into Saskatchewan the hotel in Saskatoon gave me a handicapped room. Maybe there is something people are not telling me. 

I grab my stuff from the motorcycle and do a quick inventory in my room. Phone, cameras, batteries, back up battery chargers for my phone, iPad, boots, assorted cables for assorted electronic gear, jacket, helmet, and . . . something is missing. Back to the bike where I confirm that I left my somewhat carefully packed backpack of clothes at home. Which was kind of funny as I had my travel bag that had soap, shampoo, razor, and other related stuff with me. I thought my small backpack of clothes was in the storage space under my seat. That would be no. On the bright side there was a Walmart still open and I bought some clearance items so I had something clean to wear the next morning. Sometimes you have to roll with things. Back to the motel where I needed the front desk to get the television working in my room. The noise in the motel managed to die down around eleven so I could get some sleep. Not the most auspicious start to a road trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment