Friday 6 October 2017

Weather in southern Alberta

Monday October 2, 2017 we got whacked by a snowstorm. The roads were a bit interesting to drive on and some of the highways were shut down. Purely by coincidence I had an appointment to have snow tires installed on the car on that day. Normally I would not bother as I usually use all season tires all year round. I got the almost new winter tires and rims for nothing and my current tires were getting really worn.


Just over one day later it is practically gone. Today it will be a high of 15C and except for some snowdrifts there is hardly any evidence of a snowstorm.


2 comments:

  1. Of course, no one in Edmonton gloated over Calgary's first snowstorm of the season, which missed us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll put up with a little heat (114+) just to avoid snow and cold.

    ReplyDelete