Friday 8 December 2017

It’s full of stars . . .

On the highway driving north alone on a clear dark night in the middle of nowhere feeling the need to do what we should all do when we have the chance. Pull over, get out, and take a look at the stars. 

Of course they are beautiful. 

There is no light anywhere that I can see except the light above.

There is always that tired old chestnut about feeling insignificant when staring up at the stars. I am not insignificant and neither are the people I have encountered in life. Good or bad we all made an impact on someone somewhere. 

I just appreciate this moment for what it is. 


2 comments:

  1. I have had that feeling as well. Earth is just a mere speck in the Universe surrounding us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss seeing the stars so bright and huge above me in the night sky that it seemed you could just reach up and touch them. That's how it was when I was a kid in my small one-horse prairie town. No light pollution then.

    ReplyDelete