Wednesday 11 March 2015

Nobody is perfect


Everyone should have a good buddy that will help you out when you need it. Mine will help me out, will consider some of my half formed plans, and sometimes he will tell me with good reason why some dumb things should not be considered. A few times I have bounced something questionable off him and instead of shooting it down I get “Well, I have some free time . . .” This sort of thing makes him indispensable. That and the fact he always has cold beer at his place.

He does have one serious character flaw. His lack of appreciation for Scotch. His preferred drink is Rum.

I keep a bottle of Scotch at his place. Partly because I like a glass sometimes and I do not expect him to keep it on hand if I am the only one drinking it. Partly because having a bottle around just might convince him to drink something more civilized. As with most things I consider it a work in progress.

3 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of Jack Daniel's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Balvenie Doublewood 17 converted my beer drinking brother-in-law. It is the only hard liquor that he will drink. Now that he keeps a bottle it makes my visits more tolerable.

    ReplyDelete