Wednesday 26 August 2015

Road trip with a friend

Saturday August 22, 2015 I was getting myself somewhat mobile to accomplish something when I received a phone from a long-term friend. He told me he was in Innisfail, which is about forty minutes away from where I live, and he asked what I was doing. I told him I kind of had an very loosely planned day trip planned to visit some old schools, churches, and possible ghost towns in the Hanna area. I mentioned that if he wanted to join me he was certainly welcome. He said he had drove to Innisfail in his four wheel drive truck. This was fortuitous as I was thinking earlier in the day a truck would be great since the recent rain had probably made the backroads muddy. 

He repeated he had a truck. So I said that I guess that means you are coming. The day was spent exploring Alberta and catching up. We had fun as we have a lot of the same interests. The backroads were muddy and the truck did come in handy.

Helpful tip, you cannot always trust your map, sometimes roads turn out to be little more than trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment