Friday 7 August 2015

The highway to High Level, Alberta August 1, 2015

It is a long empty drive. This is Highway 35, the road that will end in Yellowknife in the Northwest Territories. Ages passed without seeing another car. There is prairie and also a lot of muskeg. 


Lots of muskeg with lots of beaver dams. Many old beaver dams. In fact I cannot recall seeing as many as I did during the ride.


Yellow sweet clover.


Fireweed. I haven't seen this since I lived in northern British Columbia.



4 comments:

  1. Nice and green. Muskeg is not something we see much of in California.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ice and Muskeg insurance coverage is a thing here for oilfield activities. There is no shortage of it here.

      Delete
    2. I think I'll call up my State Farm agent on Monday and tell her I'm moving to Alberta, and then ask about a muskeg policy. That'll be good for a laugh.

      Delete