Tuesday 10 November 2015

Possible old school

Spotted October 31, 2015. This was a bit of an odd sight. This has the look of an old one room schoolhouse. A lot of times you will see a school marker that some historical group has put up. There was nothing for this building. It was well off in the distance behind a barbed wire fence in a farmer's field. I really wanted to get a look inside. It might have been moved here from somewhere else and used as a residence. I did see what looks like a stone foundation underneath. 

I stumbled across this while looking for something else. I never did find what I was looking for. I checked my notes when I got home and found out I was on the wrong highway. 





3 comments:

  1. Good find! Lots of tall windows to let sunlight in. The wall with only one window probably held the blackboards. You find the most interesting buildings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be haunted. Go back on a dark, foggy night, and sleep there overnight. You may never come out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some lonely spots on the prairie. I am not a believer in ghosts. It does have a haunted look about it. Since I have posts usually scheduled a week in advance I might not be missed for a week.

      Delete