Sunday 27 December 2015

It takes about a year

When you move to a new place and a new job it takes time to meet people and make some connections. Even if you have been hired to do the same thing you have been doing for years it takes time to learn the quirks and habits of the company, your position, and their clientele. Everybody does everything slightly different than the other guy. People at your new place have been doing something a certain way for years and may forget to tell you how certain things are done or how certain things work just because they assume you know. It might never occur to them that you may not be totally familiar with their habits. I have found it takes time to adapt and not to rush things. Procedures and routines may not make sense to you but it works for them. That is why they do the things they do.

I am a bit of an introvert and I am not one of those types that can enter an unfamiliar place and instantly work a room. I admire those guys and I wish I was one of them. I am missing that trait. One of the things I like about doing this site is that I have got some to meet some people in unexpected ways and made some interesting connections. Along the way I have learned a few things as well. It takes time for people to be aware of your presence and things take time to build and progress. You also have to take the initiative and step out of your comfort zone. 

A few days ago I really was not looking forward to the new year. Now I am more positive about it. Sometimes it just takes time.

No comments:

Post a Comment