Monday 3 October 2016

So I met my rival yesterday

I met my friendly competition for coffee in Sylvan Lake, Alberta yesterday. We correspond with each other on an internet forum. Meeting was sort of a know your competition kind of thing. Well, not really, I just wanted to meet to say "Hi". We both look for old school history in Alberta among other things. She is better at it than I am. I do find stuff however she finds better quality old school stuff. I have dropped hints that she should start a blog just to post the places she finds. 

I kind of envisioned a James Bond like meeting ("So, we finally meet" with ominous music in the background . . . ). Truth is she is a nice person and it is good to put a face to the name and I have someone to exchange notes and locations when I am out and about.

1 comment:

  1. How lucky to meet a fellow explorer! 'Hope you two traded hints on unusual and hidden places to visit!

    ReplyDelete