Tuesday 15 November 2016

Completely gone except for the . . .

The vault is all that remains of Tunstall, Saskatchewan. I drove past here on November 11, 2016. This place shows up on the map as Tunstall however I am not sure if there ever was a settlement here. I have not been able to find much about this place. From what I understand all that is left is a bank vault and that has a few pieces of junk in it. You can actually see this on Google Street View. It is on Highway 635 north of Highway 1 past Hatton just barely past the second railway crossing north of Hatton on the east side of Highway 635. I do not know if the vault belonged to a bank or some other building that had a vault.

Alderson, Alberta, which was destroyed by a prairie fire many years ago, supposedly has something similar. I have heard the same about Travers, Alberta. I have been to Travers and did not see one. It could be there as there is a lot of junk left in Travers. I have never been to Alderson, one of those places I will have to visit. This is definitely a unique sight.



At some point someone stenciled "Village of Tunstall 1928 - 1974" on the side. The vault is not very big.




Other than the vault there is a couple of foundations. I am curious about what might have been here at one time.

3 comments: