Wednesday 15 February 2017

Haydon School

One room schoolhouse about forty-five miles east of Camrose, Alberta in a rural farm area. I am keeping locations vague. Vandalism is a problem and sights like these are scarce. I want people to see them and appreciate them like I do. 

This is interesting. I have seen the same design on a different schoolhouse once before. A lot of these were turned into homes or granaries, sometimes community centres. This one was just abandoned.


The usual "No Hunting" and "No Trespassing" sign. I would love to hop the fence and get a closer look. The view from the road was heavily obscured by brush. If you did not see the tower you could easily miss this at the side of the road in summer.




There was something in glass above the door. No matter how I tried to zoom in I could not get a closer look. I resisted temptation to trudge through about two feet of snow and stayed off the property. I might have to do a summer trip for a return vist. I really want to get up close to this one.


3 comments:

  1. Love it...I bet it's hard to see once those bushes are in bloom. This school was on my list, you beat me to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is the last one, the old bell tower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haydon is my favourite one room schoolhouse keep coming back to this is so awesome

    ReplyDelete