Monday 15 May 2017

Odds and ends

Spent a chunk of the weekend visiting mom as Mother's Day was on Sunday. My sister and her son made it as well. As soon as the grandkid is in the picture you just know that you will not be able to compete. Took mom out for dinner. We got her a cell phone as a gift. It is linked to my account so she will never see a bill. I got her the simplest one as all she will ever need it for is the occasional phone call. Mom was excited to get a cell phone which sort of surprised me. She is not one to embrace new technology. I managed to escape the task of washing her car. I think she forgot to ask and I was not going to remind her.

There are certain things you do to make other people happy. Mother's Day is one of those things. My mother lives in an apartment style condominium complex for people over the age of forty-five. There are a lot of older ladies there and every one of them love it when their family comes to visit. A bit of effort on your part can really make someone's day.

2 comments: