Sunday 27 August 2017

Hi-Way Cafe/Pot-Hole Tavern August 11, 2017

Part of the fun of a road trip is stopping in different places. I happened to be in Eyebrow, Saskatchewan and hungry enough for something to eat. I ordered a hamburger and it was very good. The patty was big and homemade. If for some reason you find yourself here stop in.


The patio is sectioned off with a chain link fence. 



I think the same lady looked after the front and did the cooking. They also had about five kinds of homemade pie on hand. I regret not ordering any.

8 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised to hear that the hamburger was good. Yes, you SHOULD have had pie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have had the pie. The problem is I try to avoid sweet stuff.

      Delete
  2. Any idea why the chain link fence?

    I'm wondering about the name... http://www.villageofeyebrow.com/, no luck here.. Wikipedia came through! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyebrow,_Saskatchewan

    Neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chain link was probably an easy way to create a patio.

      Delete
  3. It's always a mistake not ordering the pie. But it is a reason for a road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who names these places? And just down the road, Nostril, Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not far from Elbow, Saskatchewan.

      Delete
  5. That chain link fence...I'm in love! Jail work camp chic! In reality though, a cheap and simple solution, aka the Saskatchewan way, to cordon off a space.

    ReplyDelete