Friday 1 September 2017

How many New Holland combines fit onto a rural ferry?

Not all that long ago I thought that I had completed a pointless quest by travelling over all of the ferries in Saskatchewan. Then I realized that I had missed one. That rankled me so I had to go back and take the only ferry that I had missed which is the Clarkboro Ferry. I accomplished this on August 12, 2017. Now I can say I have taken every ferry in Alberta and Saskatchewan. I might be the only person to have done this. In the grand scheme of things it is a meaningless accomplishment however it is one of my claims to fame. It might be my only one.

This ferry is just seven kilometres outside of Warman, Saskatchewan.



Pelican drifting with the current. This is the first time I have got a photo of one.


Four cars were on this one. It is a busy ferry.


The answer is one combine.



5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!
    All the ferries, a goal completed is a goal completed...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a dumb goal. The thing is that on the way to do this I had some great experiences.

      Delete
  2. Contact the Guinness people! Not the beer, the record book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a goal, you stuck with it, and shared the journey. It's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it was an interesting goal... ferries like these are a little piece of the past that are vanishing. And now I know only one combine will fit on a ferry... as heavy as they look I don't think I'd want o share the ride with one... but nice to look at.

    ReplyDelete