Wednesday 20 December 2017

As for my Christmas plans . . .

The last four years I have given up on making concrete Christmas plans. Whatever I would like to do somehow ends up being changed. I had planned to indulge in some personal time, now I am visiting family.

This Christmas I ordered a turkey from a local caterer that I am picking up fully cooked right from the oven on December 23, 2017. I like to order a turkey as I find it is less hassle. My sister and her family are doing the side dishes and we will have dinner when I deliver it. I am making damn sure I get turkey.

On December 24, 2017 I will drive up to see my mother and take her to see her relatives on Christmas Day. My sister is a bit under the weather so I am not sure if she will join me. Then I will head back home. I hope everyone else's Christmas goes according to plan.

8 comments:

  1. "He who controls the turkey, controls the world" -- isn't that the old saying, lol? Have a wonderful Christmas season with your family and your turkey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I only realized it was turkey I could have controlled the world years ago.

      Delete
  2. May yours plans work out! Have a nice Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you and your turkey a wonderful Christmas!

    I may have to use your method of cooking Christmas dinner next year. Beats hours in the kitchen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a Merry & Bright Christmas!
    Christmas was prime rib and crab fresh from the coast, when my MIL & FIL were hosting...

    ReplyDelete